Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Happy Halloween! And General Updates!

Happy Halloween!

So wow, it's really been yet another 2 years since my last post. Where does the time go? It's truly been a whirlwind of events and sometimes, I really can't believe how many years have gone by. Sign of old age, I know.

I've graduated from residency and am now a full fledged board certified pediatrician in a private clinic in the city that primarily takes care of a lot of the underserved population. It can be pretty hectic at times since we accept same day walk ins, but so far, I've been adapting to the new schedule. It's wayyy better than residency hours, for sure. Been quite a long road to get to this point and I'm so grateful I've made it to this stage of my life with all the support of my family and friends.

I got engaged on New Year's Eve 2016 and we got married recently this May! The weather forecast had been threatening rain storms up until the very night before, but we lucked out with cloudy but relatively dry weather. It was an incredible day spent with our loved ones and it feels like it was just yesterday ... perhaps because I'm still in the process of finalizing photos for the albums.



We had an awesome honeymoon in Japan (hitting up Tokyo, Kyoto and Okinawa), ate a whole lot, flew back to reality and we moved into our new house. Attended some of our friends' weddings in the following months. We've since also flew back to Asia and visited Taiwan and Korea for yet another friend's wedding. (It's a big year for getting married!)










Now that we have finally settled back into somewhat of daily routine life, my mind has been turning toward writing again. It's something I can't believe I've had the stamina to power through during my younger years and would love to work on again. Been reading more for pleasure since residency has ended and I remember my adoration for a well written tale of great characters and worlds. (Speaking of worlds, the husband took me to see Harry Potter and the Cursed Child for my birthday and it was incredible. J.K. Rowling has truly created an endless realm of stories and I can't wait for the new Fantastic Beasts movie to come out!)





So I'm considering giving Nanowrimo a go and perhaps posting fiction online again to keep me on track. Have you guys moved onto any writing platforms besides fictionpress? Let me know how things have fared for you guys in the past few years. Hope life has been treating you all well!

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations for your engagement and that everything is working out in your life! I am so happy to hear from you after such a long time!
    Your series will always be my favourite from Fictionpress. (By the way, an alternative to Fictionpress is Wattpad, but I also prefer Fictionpress.) Genuinely, I keep reading other books by different writers but I could never, never find a story as beautiful as yours. In the NaNoWriMo preparation, when they asked what was my favourite novel so that I could be inspired to write my own, I instantly thought of False Facades and Through Me. I miss your writing style and I would be so glad to read something written by you again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats! this is such great news to read :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well belated but congrats on your job, your wedding, just... everything, really. :) COVID-19 has brought back waves of nostalgia for the good old FP days (man, I used to be a SKoW judge, remember that site?) Probably because the golden age of Fictionpress is also the last time I could sit around at home and stay up all night consuming stories - until now.

    I always thought it was an amazing feat that you finished two full length Fictionpress novels, let alone good ones. I hope you and your family are safe during the pandemic, and that we get to see more of your writing someday.

    (Re: site recommendations, I always thought of Wattpad as somewhat lower quality fics than FP, but a few of the popular FP authors have moved there, e.g. simonexsays is now simonesaidwhat on Wattpad. Most seem to be putting their writing out independently if they're still sharing any of it, though.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is super late (two years too late) since you posted this post, but congrats on your wedding and on your job/finishing med school!

    I read False Facades in high school (over 10 years ago) and always go back to reading it and Through Me. I’m pretty sure I’ve read both stories over five times throughout the years. I’ve been rereading them again recently and just wanted to leave a comment on your blog to let you know how great I think your stories are even after all these years. I know you’re definitely busy but I hope you still continue writing or even pursue getting these stories published one day. I would definitely buy a copy even if I’ve read them already.

    ♡ nic

    ReplyDelete
  5. This isa long time reader of yours! I did some art for Through Me, and would love to show you.

    ReplyDelete