Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Baby

Wow, way overdue for a post. So sorry, had been studying and all. I hope everyone had a lovely Thanksgiving!

This year, we decided to host a Thanksgiving potluck for the family, but since our oven had been broken for a while now (like years), we had the genius idea to just throw the turkey into the barbeque outside rather than dice the bird up for soup. Hours later, Dad went out in his down jacket to check on it, where we found that the grill had run out of gas. Fortunately, most of the meat was cooked and the skin was nice and crispy, but the wings were still raw and had to be stuck in a wok to be cooked some more. Because them giant wings would not fit in our teeny toaster oven.

And that's how we roll for family holidays.

The next chapter of Through Me is still ... in the works. I had intended to finish it once and for all for cousin's birthday, but that didn't happen. She wasn't very happy. She's still not so happy. As I can imagine, you guys might be in a similar state. Sorry! I'll try my best to finish it for the holidays.

Also, remember how I said I'd include more interesting pictures with my posts now that I got my amazing smartphone? Except it's been several months now and I can safely estimate that 99% of my camera photos are of my cousin's children. Baby obsession! As much as I'd love to plaster this blog with pictures of baby sleeping, baby feeding, baby yawning, baby smiling, baby crying, baby skeptical face, baby omg stop freaking me out with that phone already, I'm not sure that you all and baby's mom might appreciate that. So I'd just offer one Kodak moment:


Alright, maybe just one more:
Oh, the agony of being so beautiful.

It's like the kid has this built in defense mechanism against me. Whenever I visit her, two times out of three, she'd be napping. It's like she knows when I'm coming for her. Well, newsflash to her, just because she can face plant whenever I try to snap a picture doesn't mean I can't pick her up and shove my camera into her face eventually. Resistance is futile.

7 comments:

  1. Hey there! Don't worry! Personally, I can understand why you're so busy so just take it easy. My brother's a med student too. So...yeah. And your baby obsession is so cute! Not yet borderline creepy? Haha.

    We don't really celebrate Thanksgiving where I'm from but I hope you enjoyed yours. It sounded fun. You should have taken a photo of the turkey, no? :DD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your blog as much as I love reading your stories! Guess it's your personality, because you make me laugh every time I read your writing.
    Next time, maybe update faster. I'm like your cousin: we want more Tristan and Adele!
    Your cousin's baby is uber adorable by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! I've missed you! Is that too creepy to say when I'm the one reading your blog and you probably have no idea who the heck I am? LOL To rephrase: I'm glad to see you updating again, but I totally understand the busy school (especially med school) schedule. But no matter what, I always enjoy reading your posts, just because you're such a great writer. That attention to detail and that humor always hits the right spot.

    I kind of understand the whole "I've got a fancy phone that can take pictures, now I can insert photos into my blog" idea. Because I went on that way for a while too. Unfortunately, for about a year of blogging (or non-blogging since I post once every other month) I haven't quite used that feature. You always end up taking a bunch of pictures you want to share, but, really... there's not too much to say about it except for: "Look at these beauties!" And then hope it passes off as a photo essay or something.

    Glad you had an interesting Thanksgiving and take care for the holidays. You're cousin's baby is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. welcome back! Hope that chapter will finish and totally understand with the baby obsession. I had one when my sister was born and I was full on ... creepy. Watched her sleep and all.
    Understand that you're busy by the way. Med school is hard and I have a friend who goes to med school.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there! Happy 2012! I really miss reading about Tristan, Adel and Will in Through Me. I hope you update soon :) But no pressure, since we know you're busy with med school :) Have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. aww your cousin's baby is so adorable :)
    I read Through Me last night after about a year and I gotta say I fell in love with Tristan all over again. Please update if you find the time!
    Meanwhile, take care. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the comments! Baby obsession is still going strong! She can walk now and seeing her stumbling around is the cutest thing ever.

    ReplyDelete