Saturday, October 11, 2008

Twilight Trailer

Speaking of Twilight, I just happened across the latest, final movie trailer. For those of you who still don't know (pfft, yeah right), Stephenie Meyer's Twilight has been adapted into a movie to be screened on November 21, 2008.

Twilight HD Exclusive Trailer


My friends and I will never be hardcore "Twilighters", but we've been curious enough about the spread of Meyer's Twilight franchise. Anything that is claimed to almost rival J.K. Rowling's success is naturally an attention grabber, isn't it?

So the news about a movie coming out for the book didn't exactly thrill us nor did it give us nausea. Just your general apathetic sideline viewer appreciation. Honestly, movies are a lot of fun, but most adaptions of novels generally turn out to be major disappointments anyway so I've never really held high expectations for book-turned-liveaction stuff.

From this trailer though, I've noticed that they've pretty much wrapped up the whole book in just this brief clip (again, no one has ever said Meyer packed a whole lot of plot points in her series) and while I didn't feel the urge to drool over any particular characters, my heart did skip a beat at the backdrop. I love the way it opens up with a view of clouds rolling across a peninsular view of "Forks". I don't know, but for some reason, I really like the colors. Stark pale white and then dreamy sequences of lush green and foggy skies. Nicely done, production team.

Some of my friends already have bad feelings about the movie since it's kinda reminiscent of that small movie that came out a while back, The Covenant, was it? Pretty much about a bunch of ... mysterious, magical teens and ... I think the premise was that they meet a new gorgeous girl and magical fights break out as they try to ... fight for powers. And not go over to the dark side. I think.

Like I said, it was pretty ... not well received. But the past Twilight clips (Emmett: "This is wrong, Edward! She's not one of us!" Cue snickering.) have given off the same dark powers vs. good love angsty vibes as that movie so my friends are pretty much eh.

That being said, from a more objective point of view, I don't think this new trailer's bad at all. It shows enough action to hook a viewer's interest and then ... the whole apple catching trick thing Edward did and his last growl, "You are my life now", probably seduced enough fangirls to start a riot at the theater doors.

Here's to Twilight and more pretty, ethereal colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment