Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration Day

Inauguration Day! Cheers for the 44th US president, Barack Obama, and his lovely family! May he reach far, far beyond our dreams and expectations.

In lab, our professor, with a scalpel in hand, asked one of my group members today, "Did you watch the inauguration?"

"Yup!" she replied.

"Oh?" he nodded with a gleam in his eyes. "So you didn't go to lecture then?"

Uh oh! Manipulative man. The rest of us found it a bit funny though as the girl stammered and giggled in that awkward kinda way. But we're all relatively honest people and the girl lives on campus so she really was able to catch the speech right before she headed off to class. Problem solved!

We got up to the forearm today and was able to pull on the flexor pollicis longus to check out good old Charles' thumb movements.

But second group member/frenemy kept playfully shoving me with his shoulder while I was trying to dig for the radial nerve. So I kicked him in the shin.

Accidental reflex.

HOW IS IT 11 ALREADY? Off to study before friend kicks my ass for wasting time!

Upside/Downside?: I brainstormed more story ideas (contorted cliches, yea?) while I breathed in formaldehyde today! Except, uh, I never manage to actually write out a complete story in a feasible time span (i.e. within a year?!). Awful. Awful me. I'll jot notes down and pick and choose for private writings or possible future FP stories. Just ... later. Much later.

3 comments:

  1. I can still give you some charcter pics, right? since I thought of some this morning.

    Adel- Marie Digby.
    What can I say? she looks perfect, for me, anyway. ;) lol. She's half Irish and Japanese

    http://hotandnerdy.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/hn-marie-digby-1.jpg

    http://www.angryasianman.com/images/angry/mariedigby.jpg

    http://www.videomusicnmp3.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/marie-digby-04.jpg


    and... Tristan- Robert Hoffman

    http://www.exposay.com/celebrity-photos/robert-hoffman-58th-annual-primetime-emmy-awards-2006-fox-after-party-VLepdm.jpg


    for Sammy- Emmy Rossum
    Yeah, I know what you're thinking, she's not even a redhead, buuut, let me finish first, she got this innocent and cute feeling that when I saw her pics, I'm like "ohmigawd. if she's a redhead, she'll be a pefect sammy!" Not to mention, she's so pretty, and adorable (like Sammy).

    http://images.broadwayworld.com/columnpic/Emmy_Rossum_photo_by_Joan_Marcus.JPG

    http://bp3.blogger.com/_ktd0XuG4Ybk/RwBq8IGlBPI/AAAAAAAAAac/pSwOAVhRW9Y/s400/emmy_rossum00.jpg


    I really want to find one for Vincent. But, it's hard. =]


    -notmaryjane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! Haha, this is really going off on a tangent from the topic of this post, but I was just reading some of the older posts on this blog when I saw the entry about fanart. And I remembered that I have 2 (very simple) graphics that I made back in the day as odes to Through Me. Right now they're sitting in a folder collecting some digital dust, so I thought it would be better if I sent them to you. Although, I'm not quite sure how to send them to you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the new pics! :)

    And fanart? Yay! If you have them posted up on the internet somewhere on your own site or photo album, you can link them to me in a comment. If you'd prefer to send them by email attachments, you can forward them to my yahoo account: maeven622@yahoo.com.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete