Sunday, January 4, 2009

Tenth Day

On the tenth day of Christmas,
my true love sent to me
Ten lords a-leaping,
Nine ladies dancing,
Eight maids a-milking,
Seven swans a-swimming,
Six geese a-laying,
Five golden rings,
Four calling birds,
Three French hens,
Two turtle doves,
And a partridge in a pear tree.

False Facades Chapter 20, Chapter 21, and Chapter 22 have been posted.

My mother's not feeling so well today. She spent the majority of last night throwing up so she took it easy for today while we (the bums she has to call her children) tried to handle housework without her. We are useless bodies.

I stepped outside to retrieve our trash cans since it was collection day yesterday. Evil wind blew one of our cans into our next door neighbor's driveway. I staggered around blearily in the cold in my high heels (I have no shoes except for heels and tall boots anymore every since I left my sneakers in the school locker so that I could be proactive and go to the gym - pfft, yah right) for several minutes, bewildered. I was wondering if some cursed people stole our trash can again and I bumbled around until I spotted it, reclining on my neighbor's property, half hidden behind the front tree.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh ... "The Trash Can Adventures of Maeven"! Poor you :(

    High heels are worst. Hope your mom feels better, though. It sucks to be sick.

    ~Xiu

    ReplyDelete